The Village Press, Inc., previously the Wilcox Press, was purchased by John and Elizabeth Pyle and Budd Gore in 1945. Wilcox Press was a commercial printer and office supply business. In 1948, the name was changed to The Village Press with the Pyles as the owners.
In the mid-1950s, the office supply business split off, and the Village Press was strictly a commercial print shop. In the 1980’s the business shifted to doing finishing work for other printers. The Village Press is still owned and operated by the family.